Tuesday, April 8, 2014

An Unsent Letter to his sister Judith and her psychologist husband Francis

(Never mailed.)

Response to Mother's Day

Mid-May 2009

Dear Francis & Judy:

I think this is an interesting subject, fun to bounce around…

One or another of our relatives dropped, that Francis had commented on an observational thought, regarding my personality, or as I like to describe it personnae…as being an extrovert.  Now, this appellation suits only that section of my many personalities, and I cannot justify any attempt to refute. Very true. Only extrovert gets out once or twice per decade.

It was that very extroverted Adam who got me into endless predicaments, too numerous to relate here.

The only solution to eliminate the stress-causing mis-fires seemed to my admittedly addled boinger (thinker/'intellect') to [be] to stop 'firing' altogether; and this I have gotten away with for a dozen years now, and counting.  These years here have been the best thing yet, in my life, as to its NO STRESS factors.  What sense-of-loneliness might be presumed is, in my case, far overbalanced by the 'rewards' of the almost wholly natural ambiance--in which I have so gleefully immersed myself.

I got a big chuckle out of the extrovert comment.  No way is this old hermit/pastoralist gonna ever lose his sense of humor and become a grumpy old codger.  It is so unbecoming.

So: I guess it's "thanks for the laff, bro."

Love and kisses to you and Jude from Adam.

No comments:

Post a Comment