Saturday, February 27, 2016

Letter to Joe Tate (2009 Oct 16)

Rummaging about in my boingy thinker in search for just the 'right' thing from my book-writing effort to send, this time, the enclosed three and a half or four chapters might hold some interest for one such as you who have also been and done the same sort of stuff. I don't know. Maybe is all I will ever confess to thinking that I really, honestly, correctly know anything, really. A part of my personality makeup my appear to be pretty darn intelligent (ahem) in a smart way; but I assure you that other, more numerous parts don't always appear so smart, often enough to give this fair warning here. A lot must be tongue-in-cheek; but some aint, although I do exert some semblance of a sensible seeming control over the worst parts to keep them from derailing whatever may get itself trampled by the trampler in me who occassionally lusts to get out and do some damage.My examples of woodboatwright art (& hard labor) are just about all taken from Sam Anderson's example with his Governor MBM; with a minor in what Rick Cogswell did with his Farallone—and you too, sugah woogah, IN person!  ¶  Chapter exchanges are usually accepted as good practice for would-be authorial types who want to step up (?) to the next level of literary expertise. I would welcome the opportunity to overlook your ongoing work at also 'writing a book. of some sort.  ¶  I will apply my critical editor's eye for revision sugges-tions & return your stuff to you; just like in the book-marketing big leagues. All I ever could realistically try to envision about actually one day having a book in hand (& maybe 100 in the trunk of my vehicle: I could have a decent excuse to go to craft fair type assemblages and try to hawk my book is all I think I can ever get away with, in any even half-assed marketable sense. It's mostly just 'fun' (?) at this point in my (ahem) literary (ha!) carreer, to try to learn better writing ability: It's often just the trip getting somewhere than arriving at the destination,and I know, flat out absolutely, that I am still only on the trip. And I find that a suitable description of my book-writing mushbrain's current status.
     Making music with other like-minded music performers is way more 'fun' than sitting at some computer screen, futzing a buncha lettered & numbered & signed notes, pushing the mouse around in circles—back slowly seizing up from the forced immobility of sitting concentrating my focus on getting chapters re-typed back into another computer—again!--my 3rd while bookwriting; and 7th total retyping of this hideous pile of trashy adolescent novella swill (heh heh). Argh!  ¶  Boat lovers, dummies & professionals alike, is what the hoity toity literary trade journals & learning-to-write instruction books call my target audience. Hey: My target audience is none other than me, my nutzoid self, & I. If any one else ever reads this, all I can wish is that I haven't done too awful of a job in presenting my 'case,' and leave the rest to so-called posterity & like that there here, now, & forever, yes?

No comments:

Post a Comment