Sunday, February 28, 2016

Sep 20 2008


08.09.20.odt (20th Sept. Fri.) Now: I am calm, collected, sure of myself enough to state that I am not prone to panic, but find myself curious whether or not I maybe ought to go downtown to the bank and take most of my money out? Up until this end-of-summer, I've always pooh-poohed the urge to panic about banks and the money systems' obvious mismanagement. And: Since having learned the lesson of the  message of the third third of the DVD documentary, Zietgiest, today's parallels to the previous economic meltdowns are unmistakable. From the viewpoint of those who've perpetrated the processes of massive theft of public money in this 21rst century, mismanagement and meltdown are not the correct descriptions of what has been done; they have succeeded. We, the people, don't count. Or, at least, that is what seems to be the case, won't you agree?
     I know that taking my money out of the bank isn't going to help matters, as pertains to the health of the banking system. And: If the money is going to be worth less, it's going to be, whether or not my money is in or out of the bank, right? But I still can't quite help thinking: What if the bank (and banks) goes belly up and my pathetic little nest egg in the bank becomes 'unavailable?' What little there is, nonetheless, is enough to, at least, get me by, and probably through the coming cool seasons, anyway. 
     Mostly: I just want to ignore all such indeterminate thoughts due to their impossibility of resolving into satisfying productive seeming enough decisions as to actually free me to chose one way or another; rather than have the options vying for still-inconceivable alternatives that make enough 'sense' to come to actual grips . . . Arg, I say (think.) But then again: I really cannot 'afford' to lose that much resource if the bank should close its doors . . . Arg, again.

No comments:

Post a Comment