Saturday, February 27, 2016

March 30 2009 Response to Letter from Daughter Jadene


J: This letter is to move toward forgiveness on a deep level. It contains thoughts & feelings that you may not like.
A: No no, I like. Continue; please.
J:But it's important that I be honest with (myself) you about this stuff and that you hear it. I am at a point where I am sick-to-death
A: an unnecessary mood; easily deletable
J:  . . . of carrying around . . .
A: you certainly do not have to
J: the dissatisfaction . . .
A: Hell: Who isn't?
J:  . . .hopelessness (ditto), disappointment, disgust, and anger I deeply feel about you.
A: (I think that you mean: yourself here, not me. I do not feel these counterproductive thoughts about you.) 
     May I venture that this is needless baggage that would offend no one were it to be just deleted from further hindrance of your potential for having nice days.
J: I want to clear up these dark feelings beginning with communicating them.
A: I approve and encourage. Writing about all things set me straight.
J: What I am upset about is how you lean on me . . .
A:    I do? On you? How do I lean? Please explain how you perceive this mechanism whereby I accomplish this, with no internet, phone, and from hundreds of miles distant.
J:without being responsible.      (I am not responsible. Never have been, nor ever will be.)   (sarcastically)
A;    Call me irresponsible all you want, to your hearts content, if that is what will make your heart feel happier. I can take it. I'm tuff. And you've got to be too.
J;  . . .but of course: Francine isn't going to marry   (Of course! Of course. Hear hear.)  You beat her up---(I did not beat her up, I beat her down)---and talked down to her when you were together.
A: I never punched with fist or arms, & only kicked her butt-cheek with my bare foot once. Such was a 36 year old me: I agree & confirm/ affirm    Am now 69.
J: A marriage proposal is ridiculous.
A: Of course it is! Hey: We are desperate, are we not? and desperate measures seemed not so crazy of a blind stab. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, they say.
J:  . . .because it is insulting
A:    It is? Offering the services of a grown man's capable willing help with the chores, and for free is insulting?
J: & isn't what is needed-(I agree)-(or do I?)  Not sure, but I bet it would help; or at least ought to, in a perfect world.
lengthy transcribing before will or may be ready to send along the whole response to your recent letter-of-complaint

No comments:

Post a Comment